June 27, 2012

We Are So Small...But The Lord Is Infinite!


When I wake up in the morning, and the first thing I do before my feet hit the floor is say, "I thank you for this day Lord and all that it brings. Please lead me in Your ways and have me do Your will. I am Yours." I say this every morning. I am somewhat of a perfectionist and I always feel I need to take on the world and accomplish so much and sometimes I forget to step back and remember how very tiny and breakable I really am. And that our life is not about being busy or having a lot of accomplishments, but in praising God for every moment, every breath, every opportunity, and every trial in our lives. Because through those things, He is shaping who He has designed us to become.

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord … ”(Psalm 37:23) A step is one day in our lives. God has each day of our life perfectly planned out for us to the day that we depart from this life. We are on the yellow brick road with the yellow color now being the light of God Himself. Our job is to now live each day to its fullest, always trying to do the best at whatever God will be calling us to do for Him on that particular day. If we can learn how to keep this kind of mindset, we will be less likely to throw pity parties when things do not go the way we think they should.

It is God’s job to fully guide and direct our steps in this life. And all of this is given to us free of charge. We need to let go and let God. This is why the Bible tells us that we can now cast all of our burdens and cares upon the Lord – because it is now His job to take full and complete care of all of us from the moment we fully surrender everything over to Him. It is not our responsibility to direct our own steps in this life, this responsibility belongs to God and God alone! Otherwise we will drive ourselves crazy with all of the nervous energy that will start to eat at us and rob us of our peace and joy that we have in the Lord.

“O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.” (Jeremiah 10:23)

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.” (Psalm 37:4,7)

No comments:

Post a Comment